Monday, February 5, 2007

January - a smashing month

Yes, this is our van. On January 19th we were on our way up to Crystal Mountain with Evan and Elliot, our nephews, and we were hit from the side by a young driver who didn't see us coming. Fortunately, none of us had so much as a scratch or a sore muscle. We are so thankful for that. While we were all shook up, Evan immediately said, "So that's what it's like to be in an accident!".

As I think about the way the car shielded us from injury, it brings to mind Psalm Ps 18:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.


I spent a weekend at Cascades Camp with a group of junior high students from our church. Being somewhat of a kid myself still, I had a good time and enjoyed playing wacky games and watching the girls blow large soap bubbles with their hands in our room.

I am learning a new type of knitting! I knit a rather large version of something, in this case a slipper, and then throw it in the washing machine three or four times with hot water to shrink it. It's called felting. I've made a hat and a bag. So far the slippers are still too long, but I'll keep washing.















Dan and Colin spent time together making a bed frame for Colin's new mattress. It's an engineer type bed: strong and functional. It is made out of 2 x 4's and 2 x 6's.

No comments: