Friday, December 22, 2006

Other stuff we've been up to...











In August, Dan and Keith made a bedside table. Looks like they are overdoing it with the clamps...



I love being involved in the junior high ministry at our church. I teach 6th graders on Sunday morning, which is really fun (I love that age) and sometimes I go on retreats. During the summer I braved the heat, sun, and loud rock music at Creation, a Christian music festival. I also went on an urban mission trip in Seattle, where we helped organizations who provide food for the needy. It is great to see youth get really excited about serving others, and get a clue about how much they have and how needy some people are. I hope it will stick with them.

I have also enjoyed using my latent teaching skills by tutoring at First Place School in Seattle, a multi-racial school for children in homeless shelters. When placed in a small classroom and caring environment with extra help, these kids make tremendous progress.

Another sunny Chili Cook-off! And this one was at the end of September.

No comments: